A Review of The Myosotis Dress Pdf Pattern by Deer & Doe.
Oversize shirtdress with inseam pockets. Version A has sleeve ruffles and a tiered skirt, version B has plain sleeves and a gathered skirt.
I chose to make Version A of the Myosotis Dress with the ruffled sleeves and tiered skirt but I omitted the pockets this time because the fabric is quite lightweight. I shortened the bodice on the paper pattern to raise the waist line before cutting the fabric as I find this a more flattering look on me.
This woven fabric was from the remnants section upstairs at George's Material Shop - think I paid €1 a metre. It was really lovely to work with and last time I was in the shop they still had some left so I was tempted to buy some more but is it strange to have more than one dress in the same fabric?
With the previous Myosotis dresses that I've made the small stand up collar was the most challenging part for me. This time I marked out the exact stitch line with chalk so I could follow the line when sewing and get the curve nice and even. The finish is so much better this time.
As with my previous versions, I found that when I tried the Myosotis Dress bodice on it fit over my head with ease so I sewed the buttons on through all the fabric pieces and didn't bother to sew button holes. I was lucky to have some small pink fabric covered buttons that I'd rescued that matched perfectly.
I have a gathering foot for my sewing machine but I have never found it to be that useful as I can never get the gathered fabric to be the right 'size'. For the Myosotis Dress skirt and sleeves I just lengthened the stitch size on my sewing machine to create gathers as I sew. I still had to do some adjustment but it was quicker than running a stitch through and gathering by hand.
Final Thoughts: I love this dress and will probably make many more.